18/08/2011

Hand-me-down blouse



While we're on the subject of lace, here's a super easy project I managed to do in 5 minutes. The original blouse owner was much better endowed in the chest than me, so I looked a bit daft in it. Because the cap sleeves are only attached 2/3 around the arm hole, I could do a straight stitch on either side of the hip up to the underarm without messing with the sleeves at all (I would have had to undo seams in the arms if the sleeves had been longer). I originally thought about putting a tuck in each sleeve too, but in the end, the exaggerated shape next to the fitted bodice looked quite dramatic, so I left the sleeves oversized. The skirt is that fabulous bargain I got in Primark at the start of the year.

C x

2 comments:

  1. You've done a lovely job with the blouse - I wish I was better at sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've got talent and you manage to get it done in 5 minutes! Awesome!

    You might want to share this fashion trend on LIFO. It's an online hub for girls that let them have their own virtual closet, read and write about latest fashion, beauty and celebrity trends.

    ReplyDelete